“I can’t. There are child labor laws, Mom.” Cousin•Power co-hosts Micah Harvey & Elijah Bates have been using this tried and true (and obvious) response since the mid-to-late ’80s… at least, whenever they found themselves faced with this tiresome old argument: “If you want money so bad, then why don’t you go get a job?” And jobs upon jobs they’ve had ever since!
From hokey corn mazes and concrete screw jobs to McDonald’s, movie theaters, pizza parlors and more, the timeline of their pre-career employment awaits. It’s an epic journey of first jobs—one grander than 10 Lord of the Rings!
Along the way, be sure to enjoy some other assorted tall tales and short stories, including:
- A detailed guide on how to murder your cousin with a creative mix of gummy candies and feathers
- I’m a Lawyer, Pal: Dealing with foreign scammers posing as IRS agents over the phone (a.k.a. how to lie to a liar)
- The pitfalls of letting the elderly swindle you into doing all their gardening work for laughable sums of money
- Why leaving a message about scheduling issues with a server’s younger brother is a not suitable excuse for firing
- Plus, we throw down some a major props to a dude who’s easily our most die-hard fan!
Intro music credit: Eerkoysh key by Gnagno (c) 2013 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/Gnagno/44380